Guidelines for Handling PATH Funds
Collecting Funds regarding a Field Trip/Activity
- As a field trip/activity coordinator it is your responsibility to collect all the payments pertaining to your field trip/activity.
- Collect all funds early enough, leaving the required time (at least one week) for the Treasurer to return a PATH check to you. Keep in mind that our bank account does not have a lot of money in it, so deposits have to be cleared before a check can be written. It sometimes takes up to 7 business days to clear a check and have the funds become available.
- All checks must be made out to PATH or Parents As Teachers At Home.
- Make sure all the information on the checks is written correctly.
- Visit the PATH website, www.pathnc.org click on Member Info., click on Forms and print a Deposit Summary. List all checks on the summary, total the summary, total the checks, make sure both match. If you need a check in return, please print a Check Request from the Member Info., Forms section. Make sure to complete all the necessary information before submitting the Check Request to the PATH Treasurer. If you wish the PATH check to be mail directly to a facility, please include a pre-addressed envelope and any necessary forms that should be included with the check.
Requesting a Reimbursement from PATH
- With pre-approval, if personal money is spent and you need to be reimbursed you must fill out a Check Request (www.pathnc.org, Member Info, Forms). Complete the following portions of the Check Request:
- Requesting a check for Person requesting check
- Date Requested
- Needed by
- Check Payable to
- Return check to (if you want it mailed, include a pre-addressed envelope)
- You must attach a copy of the original receipt showing the amount spent. This amount should match the amount being requested. The request for reimbursement must be made within 30 days of the expense. After the 30 days, the reimbursement will be considered by the Board of Directors based on funds available.
***If you have any questions regarding the Guidelines, please contact our PATH Treasurer or PATH President